Egyptian Inspiration

We went to the exhibition on King Tutankhamen this weekend. While the exhibits weren't as well laid out as I would have liked, it was very interesting and quite inspirational. I found myself thinking of all the Egyptian styled designs I've seen and how they don't compare to the real thing.

Gold work would of course be ideal for replicating many of the designs, although I've never tried my hand at it and am not sure whether I can feasibly get into it with the lack of suppliers in Dublin. I think I'd need to be able to see the gold work possibilities in order to actually figure out what might be possible. Then we hit the gift shop and an entirely different thought struck me as we found ornate boxes for sale.

The picture isn't great, as all I had was my phone, but you can see the pattern. How gorgeous would a quilt blocked in this style be? I'd have to work to find enough different and right white/ivory cloth, and I'm not sure I'll be able to find it until the Knitting And Stitching Show comes back around and there are more suppliers with broader ranges than Dublin has available.

But it's something I'll think about for future projects- not like I don't have enough possibilities already!

Comments

Popular Posts