Hearts & Hands for Sendai- Planning

This weekend was once again spent quilting and i managed to finish one of the quilts i started last week, but as its a gift, you'll have to wait to see it!

While I may have been working in overdrive to get my studies done and exams passed, I just couldn't help but think about the possibilities of all the craftiness that I could have been doing instead of studying, because, let's face it, I would have preferred to be crafting!

I have envisaged my block and have a solid idea what I want to do for it. That photo from the ABQ Balloon Fiesta? It may not have inspired you, but it did inspire me! So, after my second to last exam where I got a breather space I went shopping on the web for fabric for the background! I'm not sure that I'll use what I got, but I bought this charm pack from Keepsake Quilts.

And, oh do they have some gorgeous fabrics! I could easily have emptied my bank account just buying a little of this, a little of that. I did treat myself to some quarter yards of some pieces that looked to fit the bill for some other projects as well. I'd just finished three very hard exams, you know. My willpower was weak from all the brain crunching!

But anyway, the design I have in mind is pretty ambitious considering I'm new to this whole crazy quilt thing. I think it's possible it isn't quite crazy quilt material, but embellished sane quilting, but I think it'll be awesome nonetheless.

Comments

Popular Posts